The Ashland University eagle statue refers to the small 4-foot tall eagles which are placed around the Ashland campus. The tradition of placing eagle statues on the campus dates to 1941 when the first eagle statue appeared through the effort of the student body. Initially, the statues were the trade mark for the Case Implement tractor company. Local Case tractor dealers had the eagle statue located outside of their business. Through the mischievous efforts of the Ashland student body these eagle statues began to appear on the campus. In 1965 The Case Implement Company donated the rights to produce the statue along with a large 20-foot eagle statue known as “Old Abe” to Ashland University.
The location and names of the 27 eagles on campus are as follows.
|Location||Name||In Honor of|
for the Humanities
for the Arts-Arts & Humanities
|Clayton Hall||Glenn||Dr. Glenn
Clayton, Ashland president 1965.
named Sam, later re-named CK for Circle K Club 1971.
|Founders Hall||Nadine||Nadine Golby
|Jacobs Hall||Jake||Dr. Edwin
Jacobs-Ashland president 1958.
Consumer Sciences Center
Davis-manager of the Eagles Nest 1963.
Puterbaugh alias Charlie in memory of Charles Kettering 1963.
Parton-2000 director of the Ashbrook Center.
|Myers Hall||Kate||Kate Moore
Myers-benefactor for Myers Hall 1959.
|Phi Psi House||Mr. C.||Don
Cadley-2000 education professor.
Sheets Rybolt 2006.
|Richard E. And Sandra J. Dauch
College of Business and Economics
In honor of Richard E. Dauch.
|Schar College of Nursing and
Health SciencesMansfield, Ohio
|Martha||In honor of Martha Schar 2012|
|Stadium front||Bob||Bob Troop
Martinelli-physical education professor and coach 2009.